If you like me use multiple virtual machines running Windows 2003 server (for various testing and developing) you'll quickly get *really* tired of the Shutdown Event Tracker which pops up everytime you want to restart/shutdown.
Thankfully there is a way to disable this feature. Do the following:
- Log in to the machine with Administrator rights.
- Open Group Policy, then load the group policy you want to apply the change to. (Note: On a computer that is not a part of a domain you can set this feature locally by running GPEDIT.MSC from the Run command.)
- Expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System.
- Double-click Display Shutdown Event Tracker.
- Select Disabled.
- Click OK to close all dialog boxes.
- Reboot :-)